If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
Service Desk Supervisor
The Service Desk Supervisor’s role is to oversee the Service Desk (Phone) staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Supervisor will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
- Establish and enforce Service Desk service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas,
and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure Service Desk software for internal staff and external clients.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of Service Desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and ITSM to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
- Coordinates training requirements of Service Desk personnel
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through
- Accurately communicates pertinent information. Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs for assigned department(s)
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of Service Desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Service Desk deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Associates degree with 2 years of experience, or 4 years of experience in related field