If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
- Responsible for the overall design for a software project, including participating in the definition and design of software products, both new and existing;
- Choose the core technologies to be employed for a project (the technology stack) and design the interfaces and dependencies of the most significant subsystems;
- Coordinate the technical design of the system with overall responsibility for facilitating the major technical decisions expressed as software architecture;
- Conduct feasibility of proposed designs to determine their ability to function as intended;
- Write and maintain documentation throughout all phases of software development;
- Develop and implement coding policies / standards for the software development department;
- Liaise with developers, project managers, and business analysts;
- Work closely with developers to collaborate on efficient, scalable, and maintainable cross-application solutions;
- In conjunction with the Manager of Solution Delivery, oversee the development team’s assignments; review code; handle issues that arise during development.
- Responsible for monitoring third party work in terms of quality and adherence to standards;
- Foster collaboration between development teams, ensuring communication and interlocking dependencies;
- Responsibilities include all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle including tech requirements analysis, tech design, development, testing, deployment, and production support;
- Mentor and coach Junior Software Developers on development best practices and standards;
- Responsible for technological evangelization;
- Plan for new technology insertion; and
- Responsible for risk identification and mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
THE POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING SPECIAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong coding skills in C#/.Net platform;
- Experience with MS SQL, MySQL, various XML technologies including XML Databases, XML Schema design, XPath/XQuery, source control tools;
- Proficient in Web Services and WSDL, SOAP, REST & RPC, JSON and Web Content Management technologies;
- Proficient in Service Oriented Architecture, including SOA and SaaS;
- Knowledge of the following: Unified Modeling Language, data modeling, and design patterns;
- Demonstrated ORM experience Like Entity Framework and NHibernate;
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC, SEO best practices, and search engine ranking strategies;
- Salesforce, Visualforce, and/or Lightning experience a plus
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and Google/Bing Webmaster Tools; and
- Excellent analysis, trouble-shooting and debugging skills.