If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
The DevOps Engineer is part of the TechOps team which plays a key role in shaping the technology, architecture, and processes that ensure a consistent and reliable environment enables our development, management, sales, and other business units to focus on what they do best: design and create products that meet the needs of our growing customer base. As a DevOps Engineer you will be working closely and collaboratively with the DevOps Lead, TechOps team, and developers to implement and improve tools and processes used to build, release, and manage our software stack and infrastructure.
- Support and extend existing build and deployment systems using TFS 2013, PowerShell, C#, and other internal and third party tools.
- Maintain clear and accurate documentation on build and release policies, processes, tools, and infrastructure.
- Actively participate in regular stand-up meetings, planning sessions, and other collaborative meetings.
- Stay informed of recommended practices, team standards, and company processes.
- Contribute to all aspects of the development process: maintaining CI builds and environments, deploying solutions, and supporting production systems.
- Maintain and increase proficiency in all relevant technologies by means of peer education, self-study, and training if offered.
- Work with a SCRUM agile process.
- Conduct all activities in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts, challenges, and pit falls, with at least 2+ years experience developing and managing CI/CD systems within multidisciplinary, dynamic teams.
- Experience (2+ years) managing Team Foundation Server (2010 thru 2013) including but not limited to:
- Build Management and Continuous Integration builds
- DevEnv, MSBuild, and Build WorkFlows
- Branching Strategies
- Security and User Rights
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 through 2014.
- Experience developing systems and frameworks for deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting distributed web-based applications in Windows environments.
- Solid background in .NET Technologies: C#, .NET 2.0 through 4.5, and MS PowerShell
- Solid understanding of major areas of server configuration including but not limited to:
- IIS 7 through 8.5
- Windows Services
- Messaging Protocols: Service Bus and MS Messaging Queue
- System shares and user security
- Direct experience working with and configuring virtualized environments programmatically.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools, both third-party and internal, as well as design and implement integrations between them.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with third-party configuration, change, and release management and CI tools including but not limited to technologies such as:
- Source Code Build and Release
- Continuous Integration (TFS, Jenkins, Cruise Control, etc.)
- Release Management (XebiaLabs, Electric Cloud, Serena, MS Release Management, etc.)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with automated test frameworks (ideally MSTest and nUnit).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and RavenDB is a plus.
- Knowledge of other types of RDBMS such as MySQL is also a plus.
- Basic knowledge of system monitoring tools (SolarWinds, New Relic, etc.).
- Industry standard certifications a plus.
Respect ? Passion ? Continuous Improvement ? Trust ? Customer Focus ? Innovation
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.